Tuesday, March 19, 2013

the Bosque Beast

sarah siltala

My painting, "Pose on a Pear", will be used for the cover of the upcoming Spring edition of The Bosque Beast, a local publication for the village of Corrales and west side of Albuquerque, NM.  Bosque is the Spanish name for 'woodlands' and the strip of cottonwood trees and forest- like land along the Rio Grande river.  It's an oasis and special ecosystem we are lucky to have in the middle of the desert.  Inside The Bosque Beat are wonderful articles about nature conservation and animal life along the bosque.  Keiko, the editor, contacted me after seeing one of my bird paintings and I was really flattered to have this painting chosen to grace the cover.  It is extra special because I love the bosque and take many nature walks there throughout the year.  I visit Corrales often and recently posted some pictures about it here.


~Corrales~







6 comments:

Carol Flatt said...

Congratulations, Sarah, on being chosen for the cover of "The Bosque Beast." I, too, love this section of New Mexico and appreciate your photos of the area. I remember driving along the Rio Grande River in this area when we returned to Arizona from Angel Fire. I envy you such a gorgeous place to walk!

TSL said...

What a beautiful and peaceful blog! I am now following! Lovely work!

356 Tage said...

Lovely painting, lovely post - like

356 Tage said...

like a short holiday, I was going to say before the comment did its own thing :-)

RH Carpenter said...

Congratulations on your painting being chosen - it's lovely! And thanks for sharing the photos of your walk - your area looks like a wonderful place to visit and walk through :)

Sarah S said...

thanks for all the nice comments!