Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Spring into Summer

 Windswept  11"x14"

I'm sitting here remembering the past few weeks and looking ahead to the summer, now that my show has come and gone.  I have had a couple weeks to regroup, let go of the old, and consider starting something new in the studio.  It's a never ending cycle of creating and letting go.  I haven't dived back into painting, but enjoyed a little break.  I did dabble with landscape painting and created the painting above.  It felt really good to loosen up and play with the paint, to be a little more intuitive and free compared to the more structured still life.  I remembered I was thinking of a series of Nocturnes and I still feel excited with the prospect of painting those.

My show seemed to come and go in the blink of an eye.  I was so happy with the gallery and how thoughtfully they hung the work.  It was a great show and I'm happy to say there were a few red dots even before the official opening!        



 At Sage Creek Gallery, Santa Fe, NM



I also had some time to get out and enjoy Spring migration.  There have been a plethora of beautiful birds in the area and I'm having a great time trying to capture them with my camera.



sarah siltala


 


We even got to take a couple road trips around the state, hiking and visiting our favorite spots.  My sis was visiting and we hit Canyon Road in Santa Fe one day:


   

We climbed Tetilla Peak and had views for miles and miles:


 drove through the pines:
 
  

Visited Black Mesa:

and enjoyed the beautiful green across the state!  It was a nice break, filled with inspiration.  Now I return to the studio, refreshed and rested, ready for what summer brings.  


One more bit of news, I am in the planning stages for an upcoming workshop in Virginia!  I will be teaching indirect painting in still life.  I'm super excited and am working closely with Debra Keirce, who graciously invited me to teach.  She just hosted a five day workshop with Kate Stone, which sounded amazing.  If you have an interest in getting more info please contact Debra at:  debrakeirceart@yahoo.com

I will of course share more about this opportunity in future posts.  and check out my new website:  www.SarahSiltala.com

1 comment:

Debra Keirce said...

Yes...Please contact me at Deb@DebKArt.com or DebraKeirceArt@yahoo.com or 571-236-0047 if you are interested in a five day workshop with Sarah in Northern VA in April of 2016. Specifically, my studio is in Broadlands, Virginia. Some systems call it Ashburn, VA.