Tuesday, November 24, 2015

New Series, Egg Tempera painting


egg tempera bird
 Misty Morning 10"x8"


 
 Serenade 8"x8"


Dawn 10"x8"

I have a new series to share, paintings I've been working out the details on for quite a while.  I recently returned to trying egg tempera painting, and here are the final results.  You may remember when I first experimented with the medium HERE.

This was the beginning of my fascination with pigment and making paint.  I decided it was time to return to my original pigment mixtures and try again.  The paintings are egg tempera with oil glazes.  I also decided to incorporate more gold leaf elements into the paintings.  I created the arched panel inserts to practice my skills, and included a raised gesso design.  I really enjoyed the process.

These works plus the oil paintings below will be available at Sage Creek Gallery for their holiday group show opening this Friday, November 27th.




sarah siltala

Autumn Arrives 9"x12"  oil/panel


 


 Summer Serene  14"x18"

1 comment:

Debra Keirce said...

These are delightful!!! Love your new series!