Saturday, June 04, 2016

New Work

birds in art, bird art, bird painting, avian art
 An Offering 12"x9"  oil/panel by Sarah Siltala

It's been a long time since I had time to catch up on my blogging.  The past few months have been a real whirlwind.  When I think about the past eight weeks in particular I can't imagine many more major life moments than we had in the Siltala household.  I have LOTS to catch up on and many future posts planned!   

For one, we moved.  Yes, we had our house on the market for months and we had all the chaos that comes with buying/selling homes.  It was very tiring and stressful and I had little time to dedicate to painting.  So our house on the pond is gone, another couple snatched it up, and we have found a new home to take it's place.  Gone are the birds I used to wake up to each morning, red winged blackbirds, yellow headed blackbirds, starlings, heron, geese, ducks, warblers, hawks, sparrows, goldfinch and so many more.  I am a bit sad about that, but in all honesty I am completely blissed out in my new house and only think about the pond every once in a while.   

Our decision to move was based on a decision to simplify our lives.  We weeded through our clutter, all the clutter a family of four can gather over time and either sold it, donated it or threw it out.  We all felt like a fresh start was called for as we were drowning in our own random collection of things.  And you know what?  I can't even remember the stuff we got rid of.  So I guess we never really needed it in the first place!  And I am looking forward to making many more great memories in our brand new home.

~~Here's to fresh starts, Cheers!~~



Avian art, bird painting, warbler, bird art, bird still life
Garden Guest 8"x10" oil/panel by Sarah Siltala

1 comment:

Debra Keirce said...

Beautiful work! You should move more often! :)