Wednesday, June 14, 2017

"Wit and Whimsy" Show

 A Shimmer in the Moonlight  11"x14" oil/panel 

My work is up at Sage Creek Gallery for a show that lasts until June 25th.  I have many new paintings in the gallery and have been stocking away work for months.  I am super pleased with the final pieces and seeing everything come together is very rewarding.
 



Preparing for shows takes a lot of time, energy and planning.  I like to make lists of ideas, and thumbnails of possible series and groupings, all during the process.  I learn more when I'm working on several paintings at one time, I'm also able to refer to the finished pieces and see how they relate to one another.  As the paintings grow in number things start making more sense.  At the same time, each painting must be it's own unique and special piece.  My aim to to create quality work over quantity.


Abundance  11"x14"  oil/panel

I was especially pleased with the paintings for this show.  I felt the surfaces and colors have developed more in the past year than in previous years.  I am seeing the results of working with my handmade paints and mediums and relying on the unique quality of the individual oil colors to contribute to the final look of the painting.
This Nest is a Home 16"x12"  oil/panel


1 comment:

Jess said...

these paintings are absolutely beautiful ^_^